Thirsk Hall Sculpture Park: 15 May 2021 - 25 September 2021
Thirsk Hall Sculpture Park15 May 2021 - 25 September 2021
Thirsk Hall Sculpture Park launched for the first time in May 2021, situated in the middle of the market town of Thirsk you would scarcely believe 20 acres of parkland and gardens lies hidden to the west of the Hall. Opening its doors to the public for the first time with an exhibition to celebrate Willoughby Gerrish's representation of the Estate of Michael Lyons, you can see his sculptures alongside works from other artists.
Michael Lyons at Thirsk Hall Sculpture ParkOpening exhibition at Thirsk Hall Sculpture Park 15 May - 25 September 2021
On 15 May 2021, Willoughby Gerrish Ltd launched Thirsk Hall Sculpture Park with a major exhibition of Michael Lyons’ sculptures alongside work by Austin Wright, Geoffrey Clarke, Gerald Laing, Richard Hudson & Emily Young.
Lyons, who passed away in April 2019, was a Yorkshire based sculptor who forged a critically acclaimed career from his non-metropolitan base. His work consistently maintains a connection with the land and the exhibition at Thirsk Hall showcases some of his most important work. For more information about Michael Lyons please read his full bio here.
Become a MemberThirsk Hall Sculpture Park
- Free use of sculpture park from Thurs-Sat, 11am-5pm throughout the season
- A private tour with the curator Willoughby Gerrish
- 2 x tickets per member to the Thirsk Hall Sculpture Park Summer Party
- Priority booking for all Thirsk Hall events (life drawing, lectures, tours, garden tours and music festivals)
- 10% discount on all purchases from shop (excluding any artwork)
- Receive special membership newsletter
Adult Membership: £40 per adult
* Adult is 26+ years
Young Person Membership: £30 per young person
* 16-25 years
Joint Membership: £60
* Two adults (aged 18+) living at the same address